BIZZARRI Anna RitaProfessore Ordinario
Settore scientifico disciplinare di riferimento
||Università degli Studi della TUSCIA
Struttura di afferenza
DEB - Dipartimento di Scienze Ecologiche e Biologiche
Orari di ricevimentoMartedi' e giovedi' 16-18 previo appuntamento
· 1987: Degree in Physics summa cum laude (University "La Sapienza" of Rome, Italy).
· 1989: M.Ph. in Biophysics at the International School for Advanced Studies (ISAS), Trieste, Italy.
· 1992: Ph. D in Biophysics at the International School for Advanced Studies (ISAS), Trieste, Italy.
2006- Full Professor of Physics at Faculty of Science, University of Tuscia, Viterbo, Italy.
· 1991-1992: CNR (Physics) Fellowship
· 1993 : Post-Doct Fellowship (Institut fuer Molekulare Biophysik di Mainz (Germany) - Prof. Fritz Parak).
· 1994-1995: Post-Doct Fellowship of University of Perugia, Department of Physics (Molecular biophysics Laboratory of University of Perugia - Prof. Salvatore Cannistraro).
· 1995-2000: Researcher at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Tuscia.
· 2000-2006: Associate Professor at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Tuscia.
Courses of “Fundamental Physics” and of “Laboratory of Physics” for Biology and Biotecnology.
Her research activity mainly concerns the study of metalloproteins, and intrinsic disordered proteins as investigated by spectroscopic and nanoscopic techniques. The experimental activity is also supported by molecular dynamics simulations and computational docking. At the present, her interest is also focused to single molecule detection by Raman SERS and scanning probe microscopies (AFM, STM ) approaches for both fundamental and applicative research. A special attention is devoted to applications in the field of nanomedicine to develop ultra-sensitive detection methods by combining biorecognition processes with advanced nanoscopic techniques.
A list of publications and further information can be found at the website: